So here brings me up to the time I left school. I had secured a job which I would start at McDonalds (ugh) once I had left school. I had also enrolled at the local college to do my A levels. I didn't really want to carry on in education straight away as I wasn't sure what it was I wanted to do. But again with my mum being in education I was persuaded into going. I studied Law, Psychology and PE. Once my GCSE results came back I left with 5 C's and 3 B's so you can see I had really worked hard to finally manage to pass all of my exams. I had also decided to come out to my mother as being 'gay' a few months previous to sitting my exams. Which did not go down too well at all. That was a lot of added stress ontop too but managed to pass and get the grades needed to progress onto my A levels.
Coming out to my mum (the first time round) did not go the best way possible. A fair few nasty things got said that really hurt and then once she had calmed down that night I just got blanked for a while. She said she was dissapointed and that her flesh and blood couldn't be gay - yet she has gay friends which even to this day I never understood.
Despite being persuaded to go to do my A levels I really didn't want to be there, so it was rare that I showed up. Was more interested in earning money from work than carrying on with education. So once that academic year was up I stupidly sat my exams (I don't know what possesed me to do that!!) but I got what I had expected and Grade U across all subjects. This is when I decided to take a break from education, get my head sorted and get some real life experiences.
So since then I have been in and out of works in mainly call centers but have done some other random jobs to survive. I decided to go back into college last September. I am really enjoying it now because it's given me a focus - being out of work for too long due to the recession made me feel worthless and had no direction in life at all. But now I'm aiming to start university in September to do my English degree then progress onto being an English teacher in a secondary school.
No comments:
Post a Comment