Was brought into the world on New Years Eve 1990 to two lovely parents. I was a healthy, safe and loved baby. No problems back then, mum and dad were still together and I was the first of two, my brother was to be born just over 3 years later.
Started school and again no problems, was not 'gifted and talented' but I always did enough to get by at school.
Things always seemed ok to me until I was 7 at this point my brother had been born and we had moved into a bigger house where my dad still lives now. Mum did an amazing job at keeping it all together for so many years and managed to keep me and my brother sheltered from the goings on. My dad was and still probably is an alcoholic, he used to go out and come back drunk. Smash the house up and be aggresive towards my mum although I do believe that he never actually physically hurt her. It was when I was 7 that I first started to realise what was going on and started to pay attention. This is when my opinion of my dad started to get bad. I plodded on through school still getting good marks, still doing enough to get by. My dad still continued on the drink and it finally got to the point where I was asking my mum to leave him. Which she did when I was 9.
Up until this point wasn't aware there was any difference between boys and girls. I was always one of the lads, playing football etc. So overall I was a happy child and had a good upbringing. When my dad was around I was always close to him as I said until I realised what he was like.
No comments:
Post a Comment