23 Feb 2011

Since seeing Dr Makala

The next few posts may be a little out of order but I will try and keep them as close as possible.

On a different post I will type up the report that my GP received from Dr Makala as he gave me a copy Monday just gone (21/2/11).
Whilst I was with my GP he told me that Dr Makala has asked him to send me for routine blood tests to check my liver, kidneys and thyroid. I went for my first blood test today (23/2/11). I don't mind needles or blood so I wasn't nervous at all. Just went in had the test and left. Although I wasn't much for the lady who did it for me. I asked her a few questions to see what the test was for to see if I could get more information than basics of its a liver, kidney and thyroid check but she was just snotty and said 'no idea' pfft. But hey I guess once I get the results I shall know more.

I'm due to go back to Dr Makala on Monday (28/2/11) and this time my mum is coming along too. That shall be a barrel of laughs....... Not :/
With Dr Makala seeing my deed poll he doesn't call me by my birth name. He calls me Zak. I applied for my deed poll before I even told my mum about being trans and when I came out, with her reaction the way it was, that became something I didn't say there and then. I haven't quite yet updated anything so I'm still living under my birth name in a fashion anyway. I was worried that my car insurance would increase and as I am in no financial position to afford an increased premium I held off for the time being... Only to find that at a later date they actually can't increase it.
So as I have told my mum that I have chosen a name to go by and that I actually applied for my deed poll I left the ball in her court to ask me what I was going to be known as. Yet, she still hasn't asked. So straight away from the moment I get there on Monday she is going to have a shock but I'm sick of trying to bring it up in conversation for her to shrug it off and say she doesn't want to think about that yet. Atleast I have tried!!!

I'm hoping that once the results come back from my blood test I will be able to start hormone treatment :D. I really want to start this asap because when I start uni in September I really really want to go there as Zak (even though I have applied under my birth name at the moment) and I want my voice to of lowered and if possible even of had top surgery.

The best part of the meeting with my GP was the fact that Dr Makala has now asked him to refer me down to Charing Cross :D eeeeeeeeeeeeeee *does a dance* hopefully the waiting times won't be too long and I can get down there and get to business. My GP said that he has now referred me so I am hoping I hear something soon.

All going well up to now on the process of becoming a man but the shit at home still rather bad. Even considered moving away to uni now to try and cut myself some slack. Have to see what I can do with finances being so tight these days.

No comments:

Post a Comment