13 Jun 2012

13/6/12

Oh my God. As if it's been a week since I had my surgery!!! Mental! Makes the time between now and Monday seem so small which is good. I can't wait to have these dressings off. Doing my head in how itchy they are and how hard they are due to all dried blood. I was going to have them changed today but I decided against it just incase anything went wrong. I asked around what people think I should do and I found out it was possible for the nipple dressings to come off with the outside dressings so thought best I left it. I'm paranoid that my nipples have died and not grafted back on as it is so any messing may reduce my chances of them taking even more. So I'm going to put up with the itching until Monday!

Went to see my GP yesterday to sort out some more painkillers and a sick note. He's given me some co-codamols 30/500's which is the same as what I was on last year when my back was hurting through binding a lot. He's also signed me off work for 4 weeks! At least I don't have to worry about sorting another out in a week or so and I do have the chance to go back before then. Just see how I feel after having the staples out on Monday.

I am feeling quite tired at the moment but that's a mixture of sitting around doing nothing and being on pain killers that do make me drowsy. A lot more bruising I feel has come out past few days as I am sore in a bruised way (if that makes sense...).

I'm eating a lot more now too, getting my appetite back :D. I am also a fair way into a book I am reading, not read a book in ages for some reason. Cures boredom for a little while anyway, I'm reading 'A spot of bother' by Mark Haddon, quite good.

Other than that, nothing's going on, just rest and more rest.

No comments:

Post a Comment