I have started back work at Alton Towers and I have also started volunteering in a school where I will be working in September for my teacher training year. All this along side third year uni studies.
I finally had the hair removal funding approved for the hair to be removed from my forearm ready for radial artery urethroplasty - this would enable urethra lengthening so I could stand to pee. I originally opted for pubic phalloplasty due to scarring on my arm so it never really felt right to have this stage done due to the scarring. I obviously want to be able to stand and wee but I couldn't accept the scarring it would leave. I came to a decision to not have this done. I contacted the London team to update them and was requested to see one of the surgeons.
This appointment happened on Monday 9th March. Me and Soph drove down to London and went to Highgate hospital to see Mr Ralph. During this appointment we discussed what would happen instead at stage 2 and that it would be the sculpting, testicular prosthesis, the reservoir inplanted and burying of the clit. This would be taking place around mid July once the schools break up for summer. Mr Ralph informed me of an old method that they used to enable people to stand and wee and at the time I was not interested. However, after only 2 days thought I think I am going to change my mind once again! He told me that they can use the hairless skin that is already available from the genital area and use this to extend my waterworks. The only problem is that it would not be all the way to the tip of the penis... This is what originally put me off and the fact that he also said that it is hard to control the stream!
As I say, I think after all I will opt for this and then at least I have the option if I want to and if it is controllable. At least there will be no scarring and less complications than I was originally facing.
I will probably contact them tomorrow and hope that they don't want me to have another appointment to discuss this as it is a long way to go and as I have just booked a holiday to the Cape Verde Islands I am skint!
No comments:
Post a Comment