Feeling a bit shit so not got round to posting.
I noticed when sending pictures over to Mr Christopher that the graft was looking different. It had become very bloody and was oozing. He asked to see me as soon as possible, I had a feeling it wasn't going to be good news as he hadn't asked to see me any earlier last year when the incision area had opened up. He also said in the mean time to go onto more antibiotics. I asked the district nurse do a swab test for infection anyway just to see and it came back that there was an infection. The doctor rang me directly and put me on another antibiotic which meant I'd be on 4 a day, 2 of each. I rang the London clinic to get an appointment and the nearest one was Wednesday 12th August. Soph drove me down as obviously I still can't drive. He came to the conclusion that the operation hadn't been successful and that he would remove the skin when I have my next operation. He doesn't want to remove it before hand as he wants to do more during the time I'm asleep other than just remove the skin. Which leaves me feeling shit that all of this has been for nothing! Only thing to come out of it is the glans sculpting! He asked me a few more times if I am definitely sure about not wanting to use my arm as it now means I wont be able to stand and pee. I still stand by my decision, I don't want the visible scarring.
The plan is now to have surgery just before Christmas and this will consist of having the skin removed and the vaginectomy. I'm unsure about booking in for Christmas though as I need to be able to drive at the very beginning of January so if this isn't going to be possible I'm going have to wait yet another year to be able to have enough time to recover. However, it does now only leave 2 more operations until completion. After the vaginectomy operation it will just be the prosthesis to do.
There is a light at the end of the tunnel after all. The tunnel is just very long!
I have also started my application for my birth certificate, bit annoying trying to find documents from 2011 though!
No comments:
Post a Comment