29 Mar 2011

29/3/11

Tuesday - yet again. Didn't go in for English. My mate Lucy text me to check if I was in but I could tell by the tone of her text she really didn't wanna go in. So as I was knackered I suggested we both just went back sleep haha. So that is what we did.

I got up eventually and got dressed and went down to the bank. Where my deed poll got refused :'( they said it needs to be done by a solicitor even though I been told by people who have just used the official wording that they haven't had a problem. So what I'll do is get back intouch with the company who did the other one but made a spelling mistake and just get that resent out! Blah. Hassel lol.

The main thing that has happened today is that... I gave my mum the link to this blog. She kept saying she was intrigued by what was on there and Dan thought it was best to let her see how I was feeling so I let her into 'my world'. I left whilst she read it to take Chloe home from work. Was worried what her reaction would be once she had had time to read through it all. But when I came in she said give me a hug and we both got a bit teary. It was really nice to see she had read it and seemed to of taken into consideration the way I'm feeling. I said I knew I had been a bit mean about things I had said but she said it was nothing I hadn't said to her face and that she deserved it because she hasn't been a mum, but I haven't been a daughter is what I said back. Maybe we are finally meeting a mutual understanding? I know she'll never be able to ever get over the loss of Rachel but at the end of the day aslongs I'm happy I hope that will make her happy too...

As people keep saying though it will be hard to start calling me Zak - mainly family and people who have known me for a long period of time. I completely agree that it will be hard for them to break a 20 year habbit for some of them. But maybe people need to try? I'm struggling to see at the moment the difference between the people who are being purely ignorant and the people who genuinly make the mistake. There is someone in pertic who I have told several times after a few comments they have passed - each time I have reminded them of what is going on and they seem to acknowledge that and I have also added them onto my new facebook... So maybe I need to take some time to work out who is genuinly finding it hard calling me Zak (i.e family) and who is just not even listening to what I'm saying and what is going on!

By the way if you are reading this and have called me Rachel recently don't worry I do completely understand if it was a genuine mistake. Maybe if you are reading this and it has slipped your mind well, here is a polite reminder. My name is Zak and that is who I am. But this isn't a dig because as I say I do understand (I even refer to myself as Rach on the odd occasion - it is a habbit!!!)


In the words of Miss Soares..... Have a nice day :)

No comments:

Post a Comment