29 Mar 2011

28/3/11

Sorry I haven't been able to update till now. The internet died on me Sunday night and I've only just been able to get back on. Stupid thing!!!

So, yesterday 28/3/11 I went back to Dr Makala. It was a pretty basic follow up meeting really. He can't do a lot more for me by the sounds of things. Just need to wait to hear back from Charing Cross. He can't sort hormones nor can he give me a rough time scale that I'm looking at for top surgery... Hmmm. So I've arranged to go back to my GP on Thursday morning before college. Get on his case to try and move things forward for me.

My mum came with me to see Dr Makala and it went a whole lot better than last time. Don't want to hold my breath and say she's coming round to the idea because I'm pretty sure she'll never come round to losing her daughter. But on saying that she managed to hold it together pretty well. Obviously she got upset but wasn't distraught like that time she came. She mentioned her counselling and that next week when she goes they will be looking at the wider picture of the family which is what she is scared about. The rejection. Which to be honest though there hasn't been any - yet lol. She just cares :).

Other than that not much more got said the main focus was on how my mum was coping with things. He had a bit of a go at me for still taking my doselupin aswell as the citalopram but I didn't really want to risk coming off tablets I had been on for so long. But I have now. It can't be doing me any good as he said before.

After I had finished at the Harplands we came back home, things were ok, no awkwardness, Mum had her dinner then went back to work and I went off to school. Then I went to work. We had previously decided it was best to tell the rest of the immediate family (mums brother and one sister were the ones left to know) so we agreed I should go and tell her brother after I had been school. I really didn't know what to expect from my Uncle Steve. Never spoken to him like that before and when I told everyone else I was 'gay' I just left it for him to figure it out. His reaction was amazing. Gobsmacking infact... 'Well I admire you for speaking out about it, I hope it sorts out your problems and makes you happy.' Was the last thing I had expected for him to say to be honest. I expected him to maybe brush it off and say ok or do the opposite and have a huge problem with it. Also with him living in my nans old house it kinda felt like I was also telling my nan and grandad which was touching for me.

So after I had told him I felt much better and text my mum to let her know I had done it she text back saying that it was good news.
I then went to work - I had arranged to speak to Dean who is the bloke I kinda work for - I work for a company who he employs to clean the unit but I see him and run things past him if any problems. I told him and he was fine with it but told me I should inform the guy I actually work for. Dean squeezed my arm and reassured me that everything would be fine. So I rang Glen. Again I couldn't of wished for anything to go any better. He said if I needed any time off he would happily let me take it and if he could support me in any way at all to let him know. Also to keep him updated on things. Real nice bloke. He is going to send me the documents out to change my details over too. Smoooooooth.

Me and mum had tea together once I came in from work. Sunday dinner 'left overs' (I call it left overs even though she cooks two dinners purposely). We had a laugh and things were fine. Considering how things were same time a month ago!!! Things maybe moving forward?!

No comments:

Post a Comment