Merry Christmas Eve to everyone.
Went to my Aunty Mandys which is something that we do every year on Christmas Eve, Soph came with us too, had a drink then came back home. Her mum picked her up and she came in for the first time and met my mum. I was a bit nervous in case mum messed up but she kept her cool. Tonight was kinda weird, everyone had had a drink or 10 and they were open about what is going on. Which I don't have a problem with, just me and mum ended up getting upset. Mum got upset I think over kind words and I got upset well because mum did - I'm a softy when it comes to mum crying lol. Everyone trying their best with calling me Will. I just keep saying to people 'what's my name?' if they get it wrong. It's also amazing to see how easily lead kids are, my cousin Jack who's 6 now was told to call me Zak and he's never called me anything different since. No questions or anything bless. Although he is funny as he has now changed his name to a girls name apparently.... I did ask him if he wants to grow up to be a woman and have big boobs but he said not so maybe he just thinks its fun to change your name!
I know people will get there in the end, it's just a matter of persevering and biding our time. Although I know tomorrow will be difficult, sat round a table and forever saying 'What's my name?!' after all I don't want to ruin Christmas....
Hope everyone has a good Christmas.
Merry Christmas x
No comments:
Post a Comment