So we are roughly a week and a half on from Charing Cross and not that far away from my 1st T birthday. The year has gone crazily fast. Even more crazy to think two years ago I turned my mums life upside down. I don't think things could be better between me and my mum though, I feel we are closer than ever.
So yeah, Charing Cross. We set off quite early expecting to hit traffic on the way down as expected, but for some reason there was none! Got down London fairly fast and had enough time to not rush around panicking. We had obviously never been there before so we wanted to give ourselves enough time to find the place. Ended up being too much time as it was a lot easier than I had ever imagined. Straight off the tube and literally walk in a straight line. The clinic was a lot smaller than I thought it would be, not sure why I though it would be bigger but it was just one floor with lots of rooms off the main reception area. I had to fill in some generic paper work and then was just a matter of sitting around waiting. When we had been to Dr Curtis, there was mainly MTF's in there so was good to see a few lads in there this time. I guess it was a matter of comparing how well I look and pass compared to them. Sounds a bit stuck up but I suppose it's natural to do that. The meeting was pretty straight forward, lots of questions. I got a bit stuck at times though because I would answer the question but she wanted more from me, but I didn't know what else she wanted me to say. I guess I am just sick of going over the same thing everytime I meet someone new in the medical profession. You do kind of forget, especially where as now that is my past and I have started a new life, I don't dwell on how I felt at 6 or felt at 13 it's all a blur because I am happy now. I have to do it all over again on 28th March (I think) with Dr Barrett. Hopefully that will be the last time I ever have to tell the same boring story!
From then I hope I will get a referral to the London Team to start talking to them about what will be possible and what won't be possible. Also I am now eligable for my GRC (new birth certificate) so I just need a report from a specialist. There's no rush for that though as I don't plan on getting married anytime soon - without a GRC I would have to marry as a civil partnership as my old birth certificate states female.
Once again just a waiting game but then not too fussed as mentioned before I got my head screwed on and I am concentrating on University. It is weird being stealth because I no longer really have anybody in my life who I can talk to about things. On the other hand I would probably be using this space to moan about how I don't pass etc if things were different, can't win. Although, I suppose I took for granted how much I had Soph to talk to but now with being split up I feel bad just unloading everything onto her and mum has enough to deal with herself. Afterall she has no really to unload to, the family don't give a shit and never ask me or her how things are. Pisses me off that even people who have the same blood don't care so who else is going to care? I don't want it to be spoken about everytime they see me and I don't want them to just see me as that but a sincere 'how are things?' wouldn't go a miss.
No comments:
Post a Comment