Finally got discharged yesterday which was the best news ever! I was finally able to come home! I rang mum and Soph straight away to come and rescue me. I was naturally dreading the journey back but nothing could have prepared us for the journey ahead, the m1 was totally shut off in both directions. Luckily we were by a junction so we came off and diverted. Took approximately 5 hours to get back which was torture in the heat.
Once we got back, mum had some bad news to break. My brother had informed her that my grandad was in hospital and was not well at all. So we got back into the car and went down to see him.
I feel kind of guilty not seeing him lately, but it was easier to just talk over the phone than him have to face my changes. I never wanted to rub it in his face or be disowned by him. Nothing can be done about that now, just keep going to the hospital and be there.
No comments:
Post a Comment