So not only has my dramatic few weeks been topped off by my grandad passing away, I then found myself in the back of an ambulance Monday night.
After having my staples taken out I had a slight fluid coming out so I popped a dressing on to stop it from staining things. By late afternoon there was visibly fluid on the dressing but nothing to worry about. Just before 1am I noticed the entire dressing was totally flooded. I shouted mum as I was worried, as she took it off we noticed that whenever I moved to the side fluid just gushed out. We decided to ring the out of hours district nurse who suggested we rang 999. An ambulance came out and we were met by the most ignorant paramedics ever. They decided to take me into hospital as fluid was gushing everywhere. After several hours they decided to dress the wound with the biggest dressing I have ever seen!
I am still leaking fluid but luckily the dressings are being changed later today as they are struggling to hold all the fluid already.
I have sent a picture to Mr Christopher's nurse Sara and she suggested I book an appointment to go back and see them in London. I am also going to take another picture when the nurse takes the dressings off later to send over to her.
I'm hoping something can be done as I'm paranoid about it gushing everywhere again.
Why is nothing ever simple?
No comments:
Post a Comment